Welcome to the Century Automotive Group
The 40-year-old Century Automotive Group has always been in the "people business" and has a rich history of both family and employee bonds. From the third-generation dealer and president Tracy Jones to the tight-knit body of employees, Century realizes the importance of employee relations as the driving force behind customer relations. In 1969, John H. Shields II came to Huntsville to open Royal Chevrolet, following in the footsteps of his father, the CEO of Superior Motor Coach. Mr. Shields soon added the BMW and Isuzu franchises before selling the Chevrolet franchise and purchasing Stockton Buick in 1981. Since then, the business has always looked to acquire superior lines and added Volvo in 1983, Jaguar and Land Rover in 2003 and Porsche in 2005 to become Century Buick, BMW, Volvo, Jaguar, Land Rover and Porsche.
After becoming a CPA while working for Price Waterhouse in Houston, Texas, President Tracy Jones came to work as the controller for Century in 1988. General Manager George Jones joined the company in 1989 and brought his extensive marketing background to the organization. Tracy's accounting expertise and George's marketing skills, coupled with Mr. Shield's automotive wisdom, created an innovative approach to the automobile business. Their emphasis on employee enthusiasm translated into customer satisfaction and helped to insure the future of the organization. Tracy became president of Century in 1993 upon Mr. Shield's retirement and has led the organization to win many prestigious awards in the industry, including the 2007 TIME Magazine Quality Dealer of the Year Award. In addition, the organization has sought to lend a hand to its supportive, growing community and has given back by participating in various fund raising events such as BMW's Ultimate Drive ® for the Susan G. Komen Breast Cancer Foundation.
The People Business
Century's success begins with its focus on the people who work here. Century strives to bring together a group of employees to form an outstanding performance team. We manage our business so as to earn the respect, cooperation and heart-power of our employees. If we take care of our employees, our employees will take care of our customers. In turn, they earn respect from the community and lifetime relationships with our customers. Century's long-term, tenured employees are proof that we foster a committed environment, with 37% of our employees having been with us for over 10 years.
Century prides itself on repeat and referred customers. The rewards have earned Century the honor of leading the industry in customer satisfaction, with all of our franchises receiving above-average CSI (Customer Service Index) scores. As president of the Century Automotive Group, Tracy strives for expanded quality of products that are priced, sold and serviced with competence, honesty and integrity. With heart-felt commitment to every step of your car-owning experience, it's easy to see why here at Century, you'll notice the difference.
Our Core Values
Exceptional Customer Service
Super Bowl Performance
Extraordinary Team Attitude
Go Above and Beyond
Century Automotive Awards:
The Century Automotive Group
· 2007: Tracy Jones was selected as the 2007 Dealer of the Year by TIME Magazine. As the TIME Magazine Quality Dealer Award winner, she was the first Alabamian and first female to win the most prestigious award in the retail vehicle industry.
· 2002: Awarded the "2002 Alabama Retailer of the Year" award by the Alabama Retail Commission
· 1999: Awarded the "Small Business of the Year" award by the Huntsville Chamber of Commerce
· 2014: Awarded the "2014 Alabama Retailer of the Year" award by the Alabama Retail Commission
· 1996-1998: Received the "BMW Presidents Club" award based on CSI and market share
· 2000-2005: Received the "BMW Center of Excellence" award for six years in a row
· 2003: Ranked number one for CSI in the country for the BMW sales volume group
· #1 BMW dealer in the country for Customer Satisfaction in 2012
· Top Honor for Profiles in Achievement for Center SalesManager - Ron Volinski in 2011
· Profiles in Achievement for Client Advisors Al Smith, Ann Marie Lang and Mike Reed in 2013
· 2009: Ranked #4 in our division for total CSI in our market
· 2003-2004, 2006-2009: Received the "Volvo Presidents Club" award for six years based on CSI and market share
· 1994-2000: Received the "Volvo Dealer of Excellence" award for seven years in a row.
· 2009: Ranked #1 in service CSI in our region
· # 1 in region for CSI in 2012
· Top 30 dealers in the nation for 2010-2011
· Top 30 dealers in the nation for 2011-2012
Land Rover Huntsville
· 2011, 2012 & 2013: Received "Land Rover Pinnacle Club Retailer Excellence Award" for outstanding sales, service and customer satisfaction. This is the 3rd year Land Rover Huntsville has won this award. WE ARE ONE OF ONLY FOUR DEALERS NATIONWIDE TO WIN BOTH AWARDS
· 2012 2013 : Received "Pride of Jaguar Retailer Excellence Award" for outstanding sales, service and customer satisfaction. This is the 1st year Jaguar Huntsville has won this award